Yanyan Group Inc.
Lighter Refill & Flame Adjustment Instructions
Things you need:
1. A refillable lighter requiring butane gas
2. A canister of butane gas
3. A small flathead screwdriver for flame height adjustment
Steps to refill:
1. Hold the refillable lighter and the butane gas canister upside down
2. Insert the nozzle of the butane gas canister into the centre of of the refill valve of the lighter
3. Press the canister down and hold for a few seconds to refill the lighter
4. If gas leaks out from the valve, reposition to make sure the nozzle is lined up with the valve and try again.
5. After refill, wait for up to 2 minutes before igniting the lighter.
6. Do not use regular lighter fluid (i.e. lighter fluid for oil lighters such as Zippos) to fill these lighters. ONLY butane gas can be used.
Steps to adjust the flame height:
1. Hold the lighter upside down.
2. Observe the valves and see which type of valve the lighter has.
3. If the lighter has a refill valve that has an arrow sign around it (click to see photo), then the adjustment can be done there.
- If the lighter has a refill valve AS WELL as another turnstile with an arrow sign around it (click to see photo), then the adjustment should be done at the other turnstile.
4. Use a flathead screwdriver to adjust the flame height by turning towards either the plus (+) or minus (-) sign.
- If the flame is too high, then turn towards the minus (-) sign.
- If the flame is too low, then turn towards the plus (+) sign.
5. Make sure to adjust the flame height slowly, as it is quite sensitive. Always adjust it slightly, and then check the flame height before adjusting it again.
How to hold the lighter and butane gas canister:
Popular types of refillable butane gas: